Mt. Olive Dill Pickle Doughnuts
April 18, 2023
Eric Cane of Holly Springs, NC, made this dill-lightfully different take on the doughnut, making it both sweet and savory with Mt. Olive pickle juice and dill relish.
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup Mt. Olive Dill Pickle Juice
- 2 tablespoons butter (melted and slightly cooled)
- 1/2 cup Mt. Olive Dill Relish
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
Mt. Olive Dill Pickle Frosting
- 1/3 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon Mt. Olive Dill Pickle Juice
- 1/2 teaspoon Dill weed for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F and grease a standard doughnut pan.
- Add the egg, milk, Mt. Olive Dill Pickle Juice, butter, Mt. Olive Dill Relish, and honey to a medium bowl. Stir well to combine. Stir in the rest of the ingredients and spoon into the prepared donut pan, filling each.
- Bake for 13-16 minutes or until lightly golden brown.
- Let cool in pan for about 2 minutes, and then turn out onto a wire rack to cool.
- To make frosting stir powdered sugar and Mt. Olive Pickle Juice until combined and the desired consistency is reached.
- Once cool, drizzle the top of each donut with Mt. Olive Dill Pickle Frosting and garnish with dill. Enjoy!